If you are taking regular medication:
- It may not be necessary to see the doctor for each prescription
- Please ask your local pharmacy who may offer a collection and delivery service.
- Please ask at the Reception about the repeat prescription service.
- Please allow 48 hrs for your request to be processed.
- Calling our new Prescription Ordering Department on 0121 726 1190 to place your request over the telephone
We do not accept requests for repeat prescriptions on our practice telephone – if the ‘phone line is busy emergency calls may not be able to get through.
You can now order your repeat medication via this website. Click on the repeat medication link at the topof this page and follow the instructions to register for this service. This service is only available for repeat medication and the turn round time is the same (48hrs)
Prescriptions Charges and Exemptions
Extensive exemption and remission arrangements protect those likely to have difficulty in paying charges (NHS prescription and dental charges, optical and hospital travel costs).
The NHS prescription charge is a flat-rate amount which successive Governments have thought it reasonable to charge for those who can afford to pay for their medicines. Prescription prepayment certificates (PPCs) offer real savings for people who need extensive medication.